Senior Software Engineer
PMAT Inc. is searching for Sr. Software Engineer to join our team of talented IT professionals in support of Surface Navy combat system programs.
Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS) Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEA)
SSDS is the key integration and control element of the SSDS ICS for Carriers and Amphibious ships.
The Command & Control elements of Navy combat systems are open architecture software-intensive systems that integrate the available sensors, weapons, and networks on each platform and across a netted force, managing detect-thru engagement capability for Air, Surface, Undersea, Strike, and Command and Control Warfare, including Naval Self-Defense, and support secondary mission areas, such as Mobility, Amphibious Warfare, and Fleet Support Operations (e.g., Search and Rescue).
PMAT is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be a key contributor in maintaining legacy combat readiness and producing world-class software. The right engineer has 10+ years’ experience developing SSDS real-time software, is impact-focused, demonstrates strong leadership potential, and is passionate about ensuring development processes adhere to stringent company and customer guidelines.
- Test, Analyze, and Fix legacy SSDS software trouble reports.
- Review Specification Change Notices (SCNs) for new SSDS software for accuracy in reflecting interface requirements, compatibility with existing architecture and requirements, and clarity.
- Develop new combat system software based on requirements, and lead/participate in code reviews
- Provide recommendations for technical approach to the customer and to the team,
- Mentor junior engineers in SSDS software architecture, data models, data flow, and critical message timing
- Document and demonstrate solutions via text, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals, be a persistent, creative problem solver, and stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline – Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience in surface Navy combat system development
- Experience with Ship Self Defense System (SSDS)
- Experience object-oriented languages and application of S.O.L.I.D principles
- Experience collaborating with complex production systems
- Production-focused, results-oriented. Ability to evaluate requirement scope
- Seeking leadership opportunities
- High comprehension of software architecture, requirements driven design, and test/behavior-driven development
Highly desired experience:
- Experience working with remote infrastructures and technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) processes
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with agile software development methodologies
- Experience in SOA/microservice applications
- Experience with containerization
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with some of the following, or similar, technologies and languages:
- C/C++, Java, Python, ADA, or other OO language
- cQL, SQL, DDL, DQL, DCL, and other data processing methods.
- REST systems and/or architecture; OpenAPI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Git, Artifactory
- JSON, XML, YAML Preferred
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a SECRET or higher security clearance