Developed to support the U.S. Marine Corps’ Exchange of Actionable Information at the Tactical Edge (EAITE) program, Product-Directed Decision SemanticsTM (PDDSTM) enhances situational awareness through semantic discovery of time-sensitive data. PDDS enhances data discovery and semi-automates data model integration supporting advanced analytics. PDDS provides dynamic service discovery and workflow composition that facilitate the exploitation of time-sensitive data regardless of information type.
PDDS provides semantic descriptions for web services from multiple environments. This allows search and ranking of semantically described services supporting matchmaking and text-based similarity metrics. PDDS provides automated workflow orchestration capability based on inputs and outputs of a desired capability or requirement. PDDS orchestration algorithm takes highest ranked service from each “service group,” services that belong to same ontological class, to use in workflow. PDDS automates workflow deployment to a Business Process Management (BPM) execution engine.
- Orchestrates analytics exploiting data in a multi-level security data environment
- OpenAPI standard interfaces for data consumption from netted national and theater sensors
- Web-based thin-client user interfaces to maximize remote access (no local client installation, intuitive visualizations, and User Interfaces (UI))
- Field-level data tagging to allow hosting in multi-level security environments and dissemination of data from higher to lower security classification enclaves and networks (supporting remote or disadvantaged tactical users)
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) interfaces for rapid data ingest, query, analysis, fusion, and dissemination
- Uses the latest Government Off The Shelf (GOTS), Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS), Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS), and other non-developmental items technologies
- Network and enclave agnostic that integrates with existing Enterprise Security mechanisms supporting authentication of people and non-person entities
- Rapid and cost-effective deployment options
- Exploits time-sensitive data and information regardless of type or format
- System and Enterprise Agnostic
- Data Mapping
- Dynamic Service Discovery and Workflow Composition
- Enhanced Collections Management
- Dynamic Resource Optimization
- Operates in Multi-Level Security (MLS) environments; data segregated and protected against leakage; runs on any security enclave
- Enhances shared Data Management
- Core Security Services integrate with existing enterprise identity management solutions (e.g., DoD CAC, PKI, Local Domains)
- Demonstrated reliability on common platforms
- Built using open-source software. It implements a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) with support for near real-time data streaming on top of virtualized or cloud-enabled technologies.
- Provides semantic descriptions for web services (OWL-S) from multiple operational environments. This allows search and ranking of semantically described services supporting PDDS use of OWLS-MX matchmaking and text-based similarity metrics.
- Automates workflow deployment to a BPM execution engine.
- Deployable on any cloud infrastructure and leverage built-in elastic compute capabilities. For more constrained environments—non-elastic clouds and converged virtualized servers, PDDS can run on minimized Virtual Machines.
- Tech stack components lend themselves to processing different types of data supporting mission-relevant activities.
- Enables semantic discovery of services within environments without service and data model registries.
- Easily integrates and employs new services and data in operational workflows.