Senior Software Engineer
PMAT is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be a key contributor in producing world-class software. You will be a critical member of a highly experienced platform and framework engineering team partnering with designers, developers, and quality and product managers to deliver secure, high-performance web applications at scale.
The right engineer is impact-focused, demonstrates strong leadership potential, and is passionate about ensuring development processes adhere to stringent company and customer guidelines.
- Develop bleeding edge software solutions employing modern DevSecOps tools and methodologies utilizing a SOA and microservices approach
- Provide adept recommendations to senior engineers, mentor junior engineers by studying information needs; conferring with users; analyze systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigate problem areas
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals, be a persistent, creative problem solver, and stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study (CS, CIS, CSE)
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience object-oriented languages and application of S.O.L.I.D principles
- Experience in SOA/microservice applications
- Experience with containerization
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience collaborating with complex production systems
- Production-focused, results-oriented. Ability to evaluate requirement scope
- Seeking leadership opportunities
- High comprehension of Software Architecture, Design patterns, and Test/Behavior-driven development
Highly desired experience:
- Experience working with remote infrastructures and technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) processes
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with some of the following, or similar, technologies and languages:
- Java, Python, or another OO language
- cQL, SQL, DDL, DQL, DCL, and other data processing methods.
- REST systems and/or architecture; OpenAPI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory
- JSON, XML, YAML Preferred
- Eligible to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance with Counter-Intelligence Polygraph (Required). Current TS/SCI with Poly (highly desired)
Travel: Occasionally to Denver, CO. <10%