SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER- COMBAT SYSTEMS
Location: San Diego
PMAT Inc. is searching for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of talented IT professionals in San Diego, California in support of surface Navy combat system programs.
Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS) Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEA)
SSDS is the key integration and control element of the SSDS ICS for Carriers and Amphibious ships. SSDS integrates the sensors and weapons on each platform configuration, managing detect-thru engage capability for Air, Surface, Undersea, Strike, and Command and Control Warfare, including Naval Self-Defense. SSDS also supports secondary mission areas, such as Mobility, Amphibious Warfare, and Fleet Support Operations (e.g., Search and Rescue).
The Command & Control elements of Navy combat systems are open architecture software-intensive systems that integrate the available sensors, weapons and networks on each platform and across a netted force, managing detect-thru engage capability for Air, Surface, Undersea, Strike, and Command and Control Warfare, including Naval Self-Defense, and support secondary mission areas, such as Mobility, Amphibious Warfare, and Fleet Support Operations (e.g., Search and Rescue).
The Software Engineer will perform softwaredesign, source code development, test, and integration in accordance with software requirements in the creation and maintenance of combat management system software components. The Software Engineer will integrate these software components with other CMS software components and other elements of the Integrated Combat System (ICS).
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 15 years of experience in real-time system-of-systems software development or a Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and 10 years of experience in real-time system-of-systems software development
- Experience in surface Navy combat system development is desired
- Experience using Linux, C++, C, Ada, Java, Tcl, ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORS,and Rhapsody
- Experience with Ship Self Defense System (SSDS)
- Active secret clearance required
- Manage and refine real-time, distributed software architecture for combat system applications and infrastructure to account for advances in computing technology and new operational requirements
- Define software requirements and generate software integration tests for new system requirements, considering the impacts on multiple system configurations within a product line family of systems
- Lead a physically distributed software development team in Object Oriented design, code and unit test of combat system software components using UML
- Manage software development processes using standard metrics and in compliance with an approved Software Development Plan
- Collect and present software related artifacts for approval via system engineering technical reviews
- Lead teams of software developers in the conduct of software integration tests and the debug and resolution of discovered problems
- Support system test teams in test procedure development and problem resolution during test execution
- Root cause and correct operational defects reported by operational users of fielded baselines