SENIOR UX ENGINEER
Location: San Diego, CA & Denver, CO
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented, hands-on UX engineer who has the demonstrated expertise and experience to lead the creation of modern, rich, interactive web applications for our users. You will be responsible for leading front-end platform & framework engineering. You will lead a team, partnering with engineers, designers, and product managers to deliver secure, highly performant web applications at scale.
The right leader is driven, impact-focused and passionate about delivering world-class capabilities to enable Developers to create amazing experiences.
• Lead a team of engineers to build, maintain, and constantly evolve the next generation front-end architecture. This is a Platform team, so the mentality of addressing horizontal concerns is a must.
• Lead your team to define, architect and deliver on the vision, strategy and plan to implement our components and services with minimal/zero-friction and high adoptability.
• Deliver as a technical leader. Identify new/emerging technologies for adoption, drive consistent code reviews and apply your technical expertise in solving challenging programming and design problems
• Lead as a coach & mentor to your direct report staff. Ensure high-productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
• Partner closely with the middle-tier Platform team, Engineering Architects, horizontal Application teams and design teams to evolve our front-end platform, core platform features, and reusable components.
• Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices.
• Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and data-driven decision-making.
• 10+ years of software development experience.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience building applications on Node.js.
• Solid understanding of OOP, BDD, and DDD through prototype, functional paradigm and the native DOM manipulation API.
• Solid understanding of the impact of front-end performance on user experience and different optimization designs throughout the application stack.
• Strong experience creating a front-end testing infrastructure and CI workflow.
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. Our teams are widely distributed, and you will be required to communicate and coordinate with technical and non-technical audiences.
• No clearance required initially, but ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance required.
Highly desired experience:
• You don’t need to rely on any frameworks, like Vue or React, because you can build one from scratch if that is the better approach.
• You’ve built responsive sites, but also created adaptive components or pages when needed.
• You’ve been a leader or senior member of a Platform team.
• You’ve built global websites that met WCAG requirements.
• Personal Focus: You’re a Service Provider first; technology is your medium. You have a very strong focus on the customer and the business.
• Personal Focus: You have an intense desire and so a strong focus on continuing to learn and grow as a Technologist. You thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
• Personal Focus: You’re driven, but you’re a servant-leader, ready to engage with other key stakeholders in a humble and productive way
• Top secret SCI clearance