- Lead and oversee the proposal development center’s operations and proposal activity managing proposals for the Department of Defense and Federal government sector.
- Support all aspects of the proposal development lifecycle, including developing outlines and schedules; writing proposal content; and managing deadlines, writers, and teammates to develop compelling and compliant proposal responses.
- Manage the proposal libraries and configuration management of proposal content and business development components for accuracy, currency, and usability. This position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, and evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop or improve written policies, processes, procedures, guidelines, templates for the proposal development center.
- Accountable for proposal management, layout, writing/editing and production.
- Attend all key, relevant business development activities such as opportunity reviews, capture reviews, black hats, or other required meetings.
- Review and analyze all solicitation instructions, conditions, and notices and act as subject matter expert on proposal submission requirements, including all incorporated FAR clauses, evaluation criteria, SOWs, pricing format, etc. to establish proposal strategies and provide insight to proposal team members during the development of proposals.
- Review Market Surveys, Requests for Information (RFIs), Pre-Solicitation, Solicitations, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), etc. and support bid/no-bid recommendations.
- Analyze RFPs requirements and evaluation criteria to create RFP shreds, proposal outlines, compliance matrices, and manage the successful fulfillment of all requirements.
- Analyze the RFP requirements against the proposal outline to ensure compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs throughout the proposal development effort.
- Work with capture teams to facilitate the development of win themes, discriminators, and ghosting of competitors.
- Coordinate and facilitate proposal development efforts to include the scheduling and execution of kick-off meetings, collaboration meetings, pricing meetings, color reviews, cost reviews, approval meetings, and other proposal activities.
- Develop proposal strategies, plans, schedules, tasks, team member assignments, and track the execution and completion of all proposal development activities assigned to proposal team members (both internal and external).
- Work with the proposal development team, which may include the Capture Manager, Contracts Manager, Project Managers, Technical Leads, Subject Matter Experts, Executives, HR, and Pricing Leads, to develop and organize proposal content for all factors (corporate capabilities, management approaches, past performance, cost proposals, etc.).
- Establish and maintain communications among geographically dispersed proposal teams, including subcontractors, using collaborative tools such as SharePoint, Skype, and Teams.
- Consolidate proposal inputs from multiple contributors (both internal and external) for all volumes (technical, pricing, etc.).
- Maintain adherence to proposal schedule and ensure that all team members meet established deadlines.
- Interpret technical information and adapt it to engage a targeted readership.
- Plan and proofread to ensure continuity and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Review and analyze all proposal content to ensure clarity, conciseness, responsiveness and compliance with all stated requirements and consistency across all factors (corporate capabilities, management approach, past performance, cost proposal, etc.). In support of task orders led by program managers, assist in the completion of the TO proposal, production and quality assurance.
- Coordinate data calls and collect information from external team members (subcontractors) or provide data call responses to external team members (prime contractor) as necessary for relevant proposals.
- Coordinate with the contracts and pricing staff on cost and contractual volumes to ensure appropriate schedules and inputs.
- Support Past Performance creation and updating of narrative.
- Oversee the submission of all proposal correspondence, including questions, responses, updates, extensions, through PMAT’s Contracts department to customer Contracting Officer Representative (COR), Procuring Contracting Officer (PCO), Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO), or Ordering Contracting Officer (OCO).
- Manage/Write Requests for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought responses.
- Compile and maintain up-to-date proposal, past performance, and boilerplate SharePoint libraries.
- Plan, review, write, edit and oversee production of other marketing-related documents such as qualifications statements, data sheets, past performance, promotional pieces, resumes and project descriptions.
- Work with the marketing team to develop strategies and implement programs that ensure consistent proposal and corporate identity standards.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Work collaboratively with staff in all PMAT offices.
- Provide general research related to marketing initiatives as required, participate in meetings and activities, such as industry days, as needed.
- Assist in general writing and editing, to include deliverables.
- Provide QA/QC of documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to effectively work under pressure in a team-oriented environment supporting a high-volume of work and manage multiple deadlines with a positive attitude. Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making capabilities with sound judgement.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS in English, communications, marketing, liberal arts, or related discipline, preferred; followed by 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience writing and editing for a DoD or Federal professional services firm.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience coordinating proposals with quality and consistency.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the entire proposal process.
- Should have a thorough understanding of government federal contract proposal efforts, government RFP documentation, procurement process, proposal preparation, and evaluation and compliance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery; may require overtime to meet deadlines, sometimes on short notice.
- Must possess strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and can work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Certified Practitioner (CP) (Preferred)
- MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Graphics programs a plus: Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Internet skills