JR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER – COMBAT SYSTEMS
PMAT Inc. is searching for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of talented IT professionals in San Diego, California in support of surface Navy combat system programs.
Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS) Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEA)
SSDS is the key integration and control element of the SSDS ICS for Carriers and Amphibious ships. SSDS integrates the sensors and weapons on each platform configuration, managing detect-thru engage capability for Air, Surface, Undersea, Strike, and Command and Control Warfare, including Naval Self-Defense. SSDS also supports secondary mission areas, such as Mobility, Amphibious Warfare, and Fleet Support Operations (e.g., Search and Rescue).
The Command & Control elements of Navy combat systems are open architecture software-intensive systems that integrate the available sensors, weapons and networks on each platform and across a netted force, managing detect-thru engage capability for Air, Surface, Undersea, Strike, and Command and Control Warfare, including Naval Self-Defense, and support secondary mission areas, such as Mobility, Amphibious Warfare, and Fleet Support Operations (e.g., Search and Rescue).
The Software Engineer will perform software design, source code development, test, and integration in accordance with software requirements in the creation and maintenance of combat management system software components. The Software Engineer will integrate these software components with other CMS software components and other elements of the Integrated Combat System (ICS).
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and 0-5 years of experience in real-time system-of-systems software development
- Experience in surface Navy combat system development is desired
- Experience using Linux, C++, C, Ada, Java, Tcl, ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORS, and Rhapsody
- Active secret clearance required
- Conduct software development using standard metrics and in compliance with an approved Software Development Plan
- Develop and present design and implementation related artifacts for approval via system engineering technical reviews
- Develop source code and unit test in accordance with software requirements and design.
- Conduct of software integration tests and the debug and resolution of discovered problems
- Support system test teams in test procedure development and problem resolution during test execution
- Root cause and correct operational defects reported by operational users of fielded baselines
Recognized for its built-in value, time savings and selection, this contract offers a comprehensive array of IT products, services and solutions for federal, state and local government buyers.