Pmat Inc. is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of talented IT professionals in the Washington, DC area.
The Space Systems Development Department (SSDD) is the space and ground support systems research and development (R&D) organization of the Naval Center for Space Technology (NCST), an organization within the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC, which is the designated lead for Navy Space Program technology development and acquisition of space, aerospace and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems to assist Naval Missions.
The mission of SSDD is to derive system requirements from mission requirements, develop architectures in response to the systems requirements, and design and develop systems, subsystems, equipment, and implementation technologies to achieve optimized, integrated operational space and ground systems.
SSDD is currently involved in the concept definition and design phases on various advanced concepts studies and projects, which will evolve into future space, aerospace and tactical C4ISR systems. Development responsibilities extend across the entire space/ground spectrum of hardware, software and advanced technologies including digital processing, as well as systems engineering.
- Level 2 – 3 years,
- Level 3 – 5 years,
- Level 4 – 10 years,
- Level 5 – 15 years
Experience applying relevant software development methodologies and practices, including traditional as well as more modern object oriented programming techniques using state of the art software development tools; planning, designing, developing, testing, installation, and maintenance of complex technical software systems supporting complex Multi-INT processing; and producing technical and user documentation, providing user training and system orientation; and consulting with other software development teams throughout the software development life cycle.
An active Secret clearance is required.
Bachelors or Advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another appropriate field
- Analyze system requirements, identify software-engineering requirements, and perform trade off studies.
- Prepare impact studies related to the addition, deletion, or modification of software requirements to existing Multi-INT efforts as well as future NRL initiatives.
- Provide independent analysis, verification, and validation of systems software from other developers.
- Analyze software design documentation and test results to verify compliance with systems requirements.
- Review test plans and procedures to verify test results will properly validate conformance to requirements.