Chief Systems Engineer
PMAT is a small business founded with the passion and ideas to deliver dynamic data solutions from exceptional people that increase the capability of the mission. We focus on enabling maritime decision dominance for DOD and DHS missions through innovative cloud, data, and software technologies to support ISR, Combat Systems, and Manned/Unmanned Platforms .
PMAT has a long history of delivering successful mission capabilities to the U.S. Navy across our 15-year history.
PMAT is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer to be a key contributor in producing world-class mission applications on a critical netted force program. The right engineer is delivery-focused, demonstrates strong leadership potential, and is passionate about designing and developing rapid prototypes through modern approaches and methodologies.
• Technical leadership and coordination across all aspects of the capability portfolio
• Responsible for ensuring coordination of all interacting systems within the enterprise and its extended environments to include people, ideas, and processes
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals, be a persistent, creative problem ¬solver, and stay on the leading edge of development practices
• Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output, and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Support and employ the MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
• Provide technical leadership and input to system architecture and help with re-designs and improvements
• Attend design sessions and provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
• Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
• 12+ years in software development, system engineering, or related field, or additional years in lieu of degree.
• At least 8+ years of experience working as a systems engineer, experience as a Lead or Chief System Engineer
• Experience with DOD C2, ISR, or combat systems (US Navy preferred)
• Experience with system architecture design
• Experience with creating a product roadmap
• Familiarity with MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE such as Cameo Systems Modeler
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
• Experience working within an agile development environment
• Understanding of modern software and cloud-based architectures such as microservices
Clearance: • Active current DOD Secret clearance